A study from Siena, Italy revealed that laptop use is dangerous for pregnant women. Researchers tested five renowned laptop brands and measured the electromagnetic fields (EMFs) they produced. Exposure to EMFs from laptops is considered a risk factor for developing blood tumours. If you are in Australia, one way of protecting yourself from laptop radiation, especially when you are pregnant, is to use a laptop radiation shield to protect you and your growing baby.
However, even though you will use an Australian laptop radiation shield, it is still advisable to keep as much space between the laptop and your body. Even non-pregnant women need to remember these important precautions when using a laptop to minimise EMFs exposure.
- Avoid using your laptop on your lap even if you have radiation shields in place.
- Put as much distance between you and the laptop to decrease your exposure to magnetic field.
- Make sure to buy laptop radiation shield that offers protection against magnetic fields as well as radio frequency radiation.
- Use a belly blanket and nursing cover if you are pregnant or lactating. However, do not just use any blanket or nursing cover. Check if the fabric has radiation shield incorporated in it to ensure you and your baby’s protection.
- You can also use a computer pad to protect radiation that is directed downward. Just like a laptop radiation shield, it also helps dissipates heat and electrical fields away from your body. You can check online for various computer pads in the market today.
- Check out the latest EMF/RF shielding device that you can attach with a two sided sticker or place next to your laptop. It has a ceramic compound that absorbs and minimises electrical and magnetic fields generated by your laptops, tablets or cell phones. You can read more about this technology when you look it up online.
- Bringing plants indoors may also help reduce EMFs radiation. NASA discovered that some cactus plants have the ability to absorb EMF radiation from laptops. Even if you are not fond of plants, you might want to have cacti around just for this purpose. They need less maintenance so it is the perfect indoor plant for you.
- Studies show that Himalayan salt crystal lamps release negative ions into the air. These negative ions are believed to help cancel out EMF radiation by maintaining normal ionic air balance. It might not be too late to get one for your home.
- Taking regular breaks also help minimise your exposure to electromagnetic fields. Other than that, it will also prevent eye strain phenomenon. Other than using a laptop radiation shield, you can also use a protective eyewear that has anti-radiation coating.
- Your face is the most exposed part of your body to your laptop. Make sure not to skip your night time rituals. Wash your face after using the computer to help remove the radiation particles that settled on your face.
- Go Wired. Even if you are using a laptop, you can still use a wired keyboard so you can position the laptop away from your body. You can also use a wired mouse especially when you are at home.
The above are just a few ways you can minimise exposure to electromagnetic fields emitted by your laptops. Do not wait until you are pregnant before you buy a laptop radiation shield in Australia. Studies show men are more at risk of infertility just by using laptops. You might want to tell your male loved ones and friends to start using laptop radiation shields as well. http://www.reducingemf.com.au/harapad/laptop-radiation-shields/